Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/sys/sockets/inet4

so to recap this thread (all 41 posts I got 3 minutes ago)

Ozk is manually re-syncing with current CVS (mostly XaAES), his work
should be minimal in difference, but time consuming

Helmut now has (or will have in 24 hours) CVS branch for 7 months
worth of work, fixes and patches to both MiNT and XaAES, which will
allow others to test and review separately from current CVS (main
trunk)

at some point after Odd's resync, Hemuts branch will be re-synced with
the (then) current CVS, which would have also had time for any further
fixes or patches, reviews and testing

If that is true, I guestimate either end of Jan or some time in Feb
that this process will be completed (maybe end of Feb in worst case
senario), and that there will be further patching in the meantime from
Alan and Vincent (and maybe Jo) that will have an immediate bearing on
current CVS stability.

So I can tentatively book in a point release of MiNT 1.17 for 1st
March (at the latest?), would this be relatively accurate?

----

Alan, can I supply some pages and a simple management system to allow
Freemint.org to become the official FreeMiNT kernel  development for
binary and test build downlaods for both MiNT and XaAES, including
branches.

I would also like to provide a link back into the CVS server (the
AtariForge server) to allow downloaders to post (or upload) profile
information. Rob can the same web space that the new wiki occupies
handle text file uploads, and db storage. If so I can supply some back
end scripting and cross-referencing code for use by the wiki and
Mantis

Related to the profiling a list of valid profilers should also be
available with links and/or downloads, so at least a single page on
profiling and a secure upload (captcha), which could be part of the
wiki

I will be adding "posting patch procedures" to the wiki as soon as its
available, and providing a breakdown of what software is currently
available for patching, and possible provide some outline as to who is
doing what at the moment, or at least what needs to be done, if these
are relevant. This is inclusive of kernel and XaAES, and will probably
contain current Coldfire, CT6x and ARAnyM related references to help
show overall development activities

re: Mantis, has someone taken the time to check out and test the road
map facility yet? If the above were put in place, now would be a good
time to get that up ad running, at least to the point where it can be
usable by the time the point release comes out.

Does this sound in line with what people need, those doing kernel and
xaaes development, as well as those others doing other related or
OS-related dev work?

If all is said and done, I would then start on providing complete
devkit, both naitive and cross compiler, as well as TosHyp
cross-referencing (where relevant) and the beginings of roadmap
outline (based on current development and changelog history), with the
target a very basic ACP OS visual design (which mostly visual and
theory atm and open for discussion on ACP mail list).

Cheers

Paul