Re: [MiNT] __Unwind_Resume

2010/1/29 Miro Kropacek <miro.kropacek@gmail.com>:

>> Your patches should be included in some official place.
>> We are currently seeing more and more software being recompiled with
>> modern compilers and newest libraries... It means they are alive :-)
>
> Sure, I've already asked Zorro if he has any objections to put his stuff on
> sourceforge -- since he released his software under GPL, it shouldn't be a
> problem but I don't want to do it without his blessing. Btw, I just changed
> zView to be 100% source compatible with xpdf, so everytime new xpdf will be
> released (as this is the case since last zView release), ./configure && make
> do the job and zView just links with needed libraries.
>

>> If some package is recompilable with GCC 4.x, it means it will be possible
>> to recompile it easily for ColdFire, if it does not use assembler.
>
> Oh yes, zView would be pretty fast on CF :)

Great work Miro, and as usual Vincent observes the unobserved. Good stuff

Miro, be for you make a final release (stop working on it) can you run
zView with FreeGEM2 and check the following

2 senarios:
 1) 1000 images (making thumbnails)
 2) same or 1/10th, but convert images

with 1) zView will have problems at some point an eventually crash.
Even if it does not crash, you will see missing memory chuck after
exit

with 2) you will see memory not being released after each image
convert, and somewhere in the region of 4-5Mb used for even 4-500 byte
images

also with 2) after you run out of memory and the program ends (even if
you quit before you reach the max limit) you will see a chunk of
memory disappear

These are senarios are ones I used when creating images for use with
zView and Teradesk

BTW if any one else out there uses zView and wants some different
icons, I have a few (one (100) icon zip and one (20) themes zip) all
ready to go
http://paulwratt.110mb.com/afros/skins/zview/

zips at bottom of page

Thanks for the effort in both z apps, big thanks to zorro for creating
them in the first place, very inspirational..

Cheers

Paul