Re: [MiNT] QED

Hello.

Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

On Thursday 07 January 2010, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

c) Don't integrate everything into one binary, but create several
tools and tie them together with a clever protocol.

Personally I'd prefer (c).

I like  (c) too, but what about extending AHCC instead of QED?

That is a great idea, but those who prefer other compilers might not
agree. Personally I would love to see the AHCC IDE extended. I still
have to get used to the toolbox-concept, but other than that AHCC is a
really good IDE. If it had some tools to visualize the code structure
(to aid navigation) it would be almost perfect for my needs.

On my todo list for a long time is to extend the help database
with a representation of the call & function graph.

Implementing the Coldfire target is again something that will
postpone the idee.

I guess extending the AHCC IDE would mean making it more configurable,
also in regards to what compiler and text editor it uses...

Hmmm, without the editor and the compiler there remains only
a very simple shell. Too simple to be of interest to you.

But that of course depends on what Henk Robbers thinks about this idea. ;-)

I like it small and simple as it is now.
AHCC is primarily written for my own pleasure.
If 1 or 2 of you like it as it is, I am happy.
This means that I will be the only maintainer of AHCC as long
as I want to work on it.

My advice for a modern powerfull IDE is to build a graphical
interface around Bash and Make. Such a system could run GCC
as well as the AHCC compiler proper (AHCC_T.TTP) and linker
(AHCL.TTP) as they are. If you would like to benefit from the
help database, you can run AHHC_P.TTP with option -h.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers. http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers