Re: [MiNT] QED

On 1/7/10 5:59 PM, Henk Robbers wrote:
I like it small and simple as it is now.
AHCC is primarily written for my own pleasure.
If 1 or 2 of you like it as it is, I am happy.
This means that I will be the only maintainer of AHCC as long
as I want to work on it.

My advice for a modern powerfull IDE is to build a graphical
interface around Bash and Make. Such a system could run GCC
as well as the AHCC compiler proper (AHCC_T.TTP) and linker
(AHCL.TTP) as they are. If you would like to benefit from the
help database, you can run AHHC_P.TTP with option -h.

My personal opinion aligns with Henk's. AHCC is pretty much perfect for low end machines. Making it work to build freemint and other stuff is great and this is a good compiler/dev environment for low end machines. The environment I am talking about creating will be very heavy weight. AHCC is so fast, I feel like I'd destroy it if I touched it.

Thanks,
Mark