Re: [MiNT] Sparemint Rebuild Progress

Mark Duckworth wrote:
I am more than 50% through the sparemint rebuild process.

That's a huge progress, I thought it would require month's !

* Several packages have -m68020-60 flags hardcoded.

CPU flags should never be hardcoded. They should use the CPU flags from the distribution variant.

* I am having an issue with some subset of packages where it cannot find
strip.

???

Another subset of packages gcc can't produce a valid executable
during configure. I'll have to figure out what's going on with those.

Usually, it is because some library is missing, then the linking of configure tests fails. You can see what happens in the config.log file.

The most important thing is to be able to rebuild the whole SpareMiNT automatically. For example, when there is a new version of GCC or the MiNTLib. Mark, can you currently rebuild everything (the working packages) without human assistance ?

--
Vincent Rivière