Re: [MiNT] Sparemint Rebuild Progress

On 1/10/10 10:35 AM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Am 10.01.2010, 14:33 Uhr, schrieb Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.org>:

1. Download the current src.rpm for the package they are trying to build from sparemint and install it.

From sparemint.org, or sparemint.atari-source.org? I cannot see sources on sparemint.atari-source.org anyway.

4. Update any patches, examine the build output to make sure that everything goes in the freemint specified places.

What if I changed something in the source? Should the source-rpm contain the original source and the diffs or the ready-to-go-sources and diffs?

5. Install the RPM and test it for a little while.
6. Send me your completed src.rpm which is in /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS/

I will need some time to get this right, I think.

-Helmut

If you look at the src.rpm's in the current sparemint (not atari-source.org), download a couple and you'll see how it's done. Everything is controlled via the spec file and there is facilities for applying patches. Most packages require some kind of patching.

Thanks,
Mark