Re: [MiNT] malloc() bug ?

Paul Wratt wrote:

> as far as I know it is simply because MiNT does not use MiNTlib, its
> uses its own internal lib (kernellib ?)

Having it's own heap is normal for all stdlib-implementations I've seen.

> What is the issue to remap MiNTlib to the kernellib that MiNT uses?

kernlib is private to the kernel. Do you mean to have malloc() and
friends call the OS for each call? That sounds like a lot of overhead to
me. Also, it would most likely cause much more memory fragmentation,
which is something we really don't need.

Jo Even