Re: [MiNT] malloc() bug ?

2010/1/11 Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:
> Paul Wratt wrote:
>>
>> Tis a guess really, but is there any (logical) reason as to why there
>> should be an issue regarding memory usage and management, ONLY on long
>> or large compiles (or makes)?
>
> Last time it occurred for me it was a very short test makefile, with no gcc
> call, only multiple calls to "which" and "sed". I had copy/pasted these
> lines 6 or 7 times to simulate a big activity, and the malloc bug appeared.
> Unfortunately I didn't backup that simple makefile :-(
>
> It is sure that the "make" command from SpareMiNT contains the malloc bug.
> However I didn't run MiNT with memory protection, maybe some other process
> (which, sed or other) has overwritten the make memory.
>
> This is really annoying.
>
> --
> Vincent Rivière

I have noticed that really amazing things happen when you get
annoyed.. even if it takes time ;)

If you can produce it then, others can too, and I have a knack of
finding this stuff, usually when following other regular use, or
instructions, so I would say to anyone dev'ing with GCC at the moment,
dont let this error slide by, document it, save logs, process list,
etc, that someone else can reproduce it..

Paul