Re: [MiNT] bug in gcc!

David Brownlee wrote:
It seems like a triple whammy - a.out, m68k *and* a very old version of gcc.

- a.out is obsolete, but currently mandatory for our binutils patches.

- m68k is still active for several OS including Linux, and the ColdFire is not obsolete.

- our last gcc version is 4.4.2, which is the latest stable release. I personally want to stay up to date, to get the latest features and possible bugfixes (when not too specific).

Just a possibly relevant gcc comment - NetBSD is using gcc 4.1.3 for
68000 and m68k (68020-60) on a bunch of platforms and feeding patches
back (though in ELF), m68k is not totally moribund in gcc-land :)

Yes, NetBSD is still active. And especially, in the binutils there is official support for m68k a.out with NetBSD. So when I reported bugs, it was against that target, to maximize the chances they would be fixed.

--
Vincent Rivière