Re: [MiNT] windom and gcc4

Miro Kropacek wrote:
appl_set.c: In function 'ApplSet':
appl_set.c:47: warning: 'short int' is promoted to 'int' when passed
through '...'
appl_set.c:47: note: (so you should pass 'int' not 'short int' to 'va_arg')
appl_set.c:47: note: if this code is reached, the program will abort

Good catch.

But if I'm not wrong, this code with "short" is really incorrect. I wonder how this could work with GCC 2.x...

Anyway, it is quite surprising there is only a warning for that.

This is typically the kind of problem we encounter with GCC 4.x. Old hidden bugs (or misuses) appears. The Linux software has been fixed for GCC 4.x for a long time, we will have to do that ourselves for Atari software.

--
Vincent Rivière