Re: [MiNT] windom and gcc4

OK, this was really tricky. I think GNU people wont like me but this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen from gcc to produce:

appl_set.c: In function 'ApplSet':
appl_set.c:47: warning: 'short int' is promoted to 'int' when passed through '...'
appl_set.c:47: note: (so you should pass 'int' not 'short int' to 'va_arg')
appl_set.c:47: note: if this code is reached, the program will abort

So, in another words, this tiny warning which of course got lost in tons of lines during windom compilation and it applies to gcc4 only, says something like "your code will crash here but except this don't worry, we just promoted short to int". The mentioned code is calling va_arg(something, short) instead of va_arg(something, int). Awesome. I can't understand why this wasn't classified as error ???

After recompilation, ApplInit() works again. zcodeclib still behaves strange but I tend to believe there will be another kludge since it opens LDG, loads png.ldg, load a lot of PNGs via this "shared" function so there could be a lot of reasons to fail.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org