Re: [MiNT] Sparemint Rebuild Progress

Mark,

I agree with all your plans/changes but I'd suggest one thing -- it seems you're trying to achieve gcc4 compatibility and possibility of rebuilding every src rpm to have up-to-date compilable packages. I think it would be good idea to cooperate with Alan and his Gentoo work/plan, there's no point to have TWO distros (one sparemint, slowly becoming updated with newer RPMs and Alan's new gentoo packages), we're way too small community to use / support two different distros... I mention this because it seems Alan is further (from the up-to-date point of view) than you/sparemint in general.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org