Re: [MiNT] AW: Re: double-click crash

On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:21:27 , Miro Kropacek <miro.kropacek@gmail.com> wrote:

> > However, I had so many crashes of Highwire, MyMail, Thing, ZView etc
> > I have turned MP off again.
> >
> Except maybe Thing, authors of all mentioned software are active and
> responsive to emails. Feel free to report any bugs to them, as it is bug in
> their application, not in XaAES.
>
> Jo-Even suggested removing some problematic utils like BubbleGEM but
> > I don't really want to strip my system down.
> >
> In that case, don't complain about instability. Even single byte move on
> wrong memory location can kill any application and even whole system without
> MP.

Are you saying that non-MP is not supported ?

I have a choice of running with:

a) MP on a bare-basics system
b) MP on a full system with frequent app crashes
c) no MP on full system that is stable

This thread started when I hit a double-click on a "hyp" problem
in one of the daily builds which wasn't related to MP.

While using the daily builds I realised MP was set and people
couldn't understand why I had problems with starting Thing under MP.

We now know that this was caused by the MP settings on St-guide.acc
So I now know that while my system will boot with MP, too many
of the things I use have problems with MP.

If I have time, I might try to isolate what is causing the problems.

Peter