Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

Hi,

<helmut.karlowski@ish.de>:
> >> Are there any docs? What has to be set for $TERM ("linux"?)? Is there
> >> a termcap for the conholio-terminal?
> >
> > "linux" works (except F-keys).
>
> That's news to me! If you tell me how to reproduce it, I'll look into it.
> On VT100-ish terminals, the way function keys are handled is
> unfortunately entirely implementation dependent.

The function keys are defined in the suitable terminfo database entry.

> I've mimiced how the
> Linux terminal handles it, which means that if you change the $TERM
> variable to e.g. "vt100", it will nolonger work.

Shouldn't it work so that user sets the terminal type in Conholio and
Conholio then set the TERM environment variable for the program(s) it
launches?

Only case for user to need to set TERM inside the console should be when he
logs to a remote machine (where he of course should set TERM to whatever
he's configured Conholio to use).

Btw.  Why Conholio in the first place supports multiple terminal types?  All
programs use nowadays ncurses or something similar and will therefore
support anything described in the system terminfo database (vt102, linux
etc).

> There are a couple of different modes regarding special keys, and it's
> quite possible that I've not implemented one of them properly. I've only
> tested it with a few apps (MC, JED for example).

I've forgotten all the details, but based on the comments in the terminfo
entry I had written for Wterm, at least following things can be specified in
the given terminfo entry (i.e. can be specific to given terminal type):
cursor keys, home, end, pgup, pgdn, function keys f1-f10, insert, delete,
backspace, bell, CR, tab...

	- Eero