Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

18 jul 2010 kl. 12.48 skrev Eero Tamminen:

> Shouldn't it work so that user sets the terminal type in Conholio and
> Conholio then set the TERM environment variable for the program(s) it
> launches?

Conholio is a VT100 terminal with extensions from the Linux console & xterm. It can also work in VT52 mode, but I've tested that part of the implementation for like 5 seconds :-)

The TERM variable is set to 'linux' when opening a new terminal. Should it be configurable, or how do you mean? I'm a bit lost here.

> Only case for user to need to set TERM inside the console should be when he
> logs to a remote machine (where he of course should set TERM to whatever
> he's configured Conholio to use).

Hopefully, the remote machine should be familiar with the linux console, or at least that was the idea..

> Btw.  Why Conholio in the first place supports multiple terminal types?  All
> programs use nowadays ncurses or something similar and will therefore
> support anything described in the system terminfo database (vt102, linux
> etc).

It doesn't - it's a VT100 terminal with extensions from Linux & xterm - set the TERM variable to something other than 'linux' and it won't work as intended.

But to be honest - my knowledge about terminfo & termcap stuff is limited to... not knowing much about it.

>> There are a couple of different modes regarding special keys, and it's
>> quite possible that I've not implemented one of them properly. I've only
>> tested it with a few apps (MC, JED for example).
>
> I've forgotten all the details, but based on the comments in the terminfo
> entry I had written for Wterm, at least following things can be specified in
> the given terminfo entry (i.e. can be specific to given terminal type):
> cursor keys, home, end, pgup, pgdn, function keys f1-f10, insert, delete,
> backspace, bell, CR, tab...

Ah ok. This stuff is hard coded at the moment, but if I could read it from terminfo instead that would ofcourse be neat.

-- PeP