Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

On 07/18/2010 10:48 PM, Peter Persson wrote:

> Interesting idea. That would actually make my life a whole lot easier, and fonts etc. would be Someone Elses Problem (SEP). It does however require a VDI with offscreen bitmap functionality.

Which means fVDI, NVDI or TOS-VDI with Enhancer. I'm not sure if
Enhancer works Nova VDI or MVDI.

> It's the only clean way to get access to the font data in memory, right? The alternative would be messing with the Line A, and we don't do that.

I think that's the only way. Unless you draw to the screen first and
buffer it. That would work, but would be ugly.

You can also load the font directly. The FNT file format is quite
straight forward, and the actual font data is stored in a single bitmap.

>> There are also some Atari<->ISO conversion tables in TosWin which can be
>> used to map the Atari charset to ISO.
>
> I already stole the Atari->ISO conversion from it :)

So there's a little piece of me in Conholio as well then ;-)

Jo Even