Re: [MiNT] cookie jar

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 23:03:40 , Miro Kropacek <miro.kropacek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am getting quite sick and tired of the repsonse to reports
> > or questions about possible issues.
> Sorry, but I think you are wrong here, I agree with PeP. You seems to
> constantly mystify FreeMiNT as some dark magic (you even fear to touch
> some files,

Really ?

Common sense says leave stuff alone that works or that you don't
fully understand. Experience shows that some stuff is easy to
break.

>we all remember your attitude towards Alan's distro) which
> is causing bugs but in the end, in 90% cases, it ends in your config.

You think so ? Well practically nothing has changed here but we have
had fixes for the ram disc, fixes for Photoline dialogs and
several others.

> Nobody claims here FreeMiNT is perfect and free of bugs but -- it was
> already said --

There is no shame in having bugs in code but people are too keen to
blame 10 year old apps that work fine on 6 versions of TOS, 6 versions
of Magic and dozens of versions of Mint.

>YOU have problems, so YOU have to make everything
> possible to have them solved. So if developer asks you to try this and
> that, simply do it. Or fix it by yourself. Or don't complain. Talks
> about your experiences and how it worked before ... this isn't really
> helpful.

Who complained ?  Once again I repeat, I reported an issue and asked
if anyone had seen anything like it.