Re: [MiNT] 1.17 startup & shutdown issues

Hi,
I tested with teradesk v4.01 - there was also the exception error.
The image of exception dialogbox is
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3564/mintexiterr1.jpg

But I discovered something.

It's not teradesk that is giving the problem !!
I disabled one by one the applications that are executed by XaAES on startup.
Looks like box kite is the creating the exception ( but dialog box says
desktop.... ??? )
When I disable boxkite, the exception dialog box is not shown.

However, shutdown is still not complete and XaAES looks like hang.
The menu etc are still displayed but messages on the screen say sync to my
drives are done.
On reboot, fsck still is needed.

So now, I disable another application from starting with XaAES ... bubble help.
Without this program, XaAES is able to shutdown gracefully !!!

GOOD NEWS.... both boxkite & bubble seems to be issue for my system.
(Joska will remember saying that I should not use boxkite.... ).

The above reboot/shutdown is issued from Teradesk or from Task Manager.

However, if I issue a CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot, it will still hang.
The messages are written to the screen over the desktop then hang.

So there is still some issues....

rgds
WongCK