[MiNT] Issue with XHDI

Hi

I would like to write about an issue i'm having being not able to
install more than one XHDI driver with MiNT.
Doing some investigation through the sources i found that MiNT doesn't
check if the XHDI cookie has changed like the XHDI specification
recommends.
I have also seen that MiNT installs his own XHDI handler, so it can
catch the XHDI calls and emulate them as system calls.

Here i found some explanations about why this is done (the links is
where this comments come from):

"xhdi_emu.spp, xhdi_emu.h, xhdi.c,
scsidrv_emu.spp, scsidrv_emu.h, scsidrv.c, scsidrv.h (new):
	- emulation of these non system call interfaces through systemcalls;
	  necessary for nonblocking DMA operations
	- added sys_XHDOSLimits for system calls
	- some enhancements"

http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/ChangeLog.%231.13-1.15.9?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

This is from a virtual memory discussion in this list:

"> 1. Disk drivers

> Atm. disk drivers (XHDI) live outside the kernel. That means the are hard to
> be put into virtual address space.

That's why the kernel overwrite the XHDI handler by a system call wrapper.
XHDI calls from user space applications are redirected to a system call
and handled inside the kernel (privilege checking, restricted to root). So
XHDI is no problem."