Re: [MiNT] Idea for boot sequence

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:10:41 , Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 11:02 +0200, Peter Slegg wrote:
>
> As said many times before - if you have several system folders you also
> have a kernel for each folder. Instead of rebooting the same kernel and
> attempt to use the system folder from a different version, just boot
> another kernel with a working system folder. That's much easier and
> safer, and it can be done today.

What if kernel will only boot 1-17-0 but that folder has the wrong
xaaes.km etc. ?  It won't boot.

I try to keep just 2 kernels in AUTO, the 1.15.12 and the one I
am using. So swapping between a -CUR version and a -0 version
or updating a -0 can create these problems. I update the kernel
far more often than I used to but it's still only about once
per month so I sometimes get it wrong.

When we went to the -CUR system I thought someone said there would
be an automatic fallback so if it didn't find 1-17-3 it would look for
-2, -1, -0, -CUR or even /mint to get it to boot. Maybe I misunderstood.

Peter