[MiNT] Idea for boot sequence

And how to tell xaaes which km file to use?
I think it would be great, if MINT030 is loaded, then XaAES would load the 030 km file, if MINT060 is loaded, then XaAES should load 060 km file. Does this make sense? You can still have control over this by adding command line parameter, this would just be a default.
I think it would also be easier if XaAES could be started natively by the kernel (since it is now a kernel module) and not by creating symbolic links. A simple program, that detects the system folder and starts the XaAES in it with the corresponding km file for example.
From my experiences it would be also easier, that though there is for example the "1-17-CUR" folder inside the "MINT" folder, the configuration files (for both MINT and XaAES) could have been in the "MINT" folder. Basically I use the same configuration/enviroment no matter which kernel I boot in.
More: if more than one video resolution is set in XaAES.CNF, XaAES should prompt which one to use. Same should apply for the desktop.

Cheers,
Jozsi

From: mint-bounce@lists.fishpool.fi [mailto:mint-bounce@lists.fishpool.fi] On Behalf Of Miro Kropacek
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:17 AM
To: Jo Even Skarstein
Cc: mint
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Idea for boot sequence

That's because Peter is using EasyMiNT, which symlinks xaloader.prg
to /usr/bin. Then the symlink is referenced in ttytab. The idea is most
likely that you can easily select which xaaes to load by updating the
symlink. In reality it prevents you from easily booting different
versions of the kernel.
No, it does not but you must use the symlinks and aliases in proper way. For example, I do have alias for xaloader as well but I use it in combination with $SYSDIR, i.e. the link / alias points to $SYSDIR/xaaes/xaloader.prg. Problem solved for every kernel and its' repairable from TOS.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org