Re: [MiNT] Idea for boot sequence

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:09:20 -0500, Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net> wrote:

> on 12/15/10 8:49 AM, Peter Slegg wrote:
>
> > The problem with the current system is if the correct folder is not
> > there the it won't boot. There is no Mint fallback.
>
> Not true. In fact that is my fallback.
>
> Example lets say my \mint\1-16-cur gets hosed somehow.
> I rename \mint\1-16-cur to \mint\1-16-cuX  <- note the X
> Now the kernel won't find it.  I then reboot select a kernel that I know has
> no corresponding 1-xx-x folder and thus mint loads everything from just
> \mint as it did in the old days. That is the fallback.  If you removed all
> the files in \mint, then yes its not going to boot correctly.
>
> In my case this causes me to boot NAES.

That would work but it is only doing what I am suggesting but the hard way.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier and more intuitive to be able to do this without
having to reboot in TOS, rename folders, reboot, rename folders back again,
before fixing the problem.

With a simple boot folder selector it would just be one reboot before fixing the
problem.

Regards,

Peter