Re: [MiNT] XaAES Language-selection

On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 11:45 +1100, Paul Wratt wrote:

> I believe Helmuts idea is good, but I do not see any reason why a
> specific set of language RSC file can not be maintained somewhere
>
> That gives lower overheads (mem, file size, etc) and a more rounded
> and fuller "Overall OS experience".

IMO you're wrong. Multiple rsc-files is a pain to maintain. I think
there is a tool to automate it (rsc-trans?), but having the AES do this
automatically is a much more elegant solution. No need to distribute
several RSC-files which are 75% identical.

> pack cannot be applied to a full OS installation. But that would
> require either a specific filesystem structure, or a (simple) way to
> find out whats installed. Both of which are notorious on Atari/TOS
> setups, but not impossible to deal with (like AFROS for example)

I've always found this one of TOS' best features. No installation
necessary, just copy a folder or unzip an archive and there it is.

Jo Even