Re: [MiNT] Where should a user put GEM apps

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 22:33 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Am 10.01.2011, 22:08 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:
>
> > Not a problem here. I have several apps symlinked to a single folder and
> > all of them starts just fine. The symlink is followed every time and
> > things just works.
>
> And that folder is not launchpath? And you use the XaAES-launcher? If yes
> to both I can't explain!

That folder is not launchpath (that is, I have symlinks in launchpath
too and that works), and it works from the XaAES launcher as well as
from Teradesk. The links are followed and the cwd of the started app is
the same as if I start it from it's original position.

However, if I start such a program from bash it's cwd is inherited from
bash. The RSC is found and loaded, but if the program is looking for a
file relative to it's own folder then it gets into trouble.

Jo Even