Re: [MiNT] XaAES multi-language help needed

Hi,

On sunnuntai 09 tammikuu 2011, Peter Slegg wrote:
> Back in 1990 I worked on a project that was to be shipped the USSR and
> had to work in Russian Cyrillic alphabet. It was reckoned to be 25%
> longer than English.

In project I've participated where a lot of software was localized to about
dozen European languages, the recommendation was to leave about 1/3 extra
space in UI designs for localizations.

The shorter than strings, the more space it's better to leave.
Lenghts of some words can differ *a lot* between different languages.

	- Eero