Re: [MiNT] XaAES translations - other languages

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 13:06 +1100, Paul Wratt wrote:
>> Korean distribution.. maybe ask a few Japanese MSX users what a basic
>> or text file looks like on an 8 bit machine..
>
> http://www.msxnet.org/gtinter/kanrom.htm
>
> It's not trivial.
>
> Jo Even

not that bad, interesting link, but not quite what I was looking for
tho. Specifically what did a text file look like..

.. but its OK, I found what I was looking for, and it covers CJK not
just Japanese or Korean.. and there is full support in gnu with fonts,
which I now have, just got to set it up, and see what happens when I
change fVDI default fonts.. and see how it works with keytables..
still a way off yet

@lars: sure, but I cant help with that, sorry :) I am only offering
Korean if it is possible and practical, cos I have access to someone
who will help me get it done, at least for XaAES (and maybe Teradesk
and EmuTOS, we will see) and the fact that there has been larger than
normal interest in ARAnyM + MiNT by Koreans in the past few months
(since Oct last year).

Anyway, we will see how things go with what I have, it may not be
practical outside bash (sh, etc) atm..

Paul