Re: [MiNT] Including multi-arch libs within RPM's

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, m0n0 wrote:

I just installed the GCC Version found at Miro's page.

- Does it include the math library changes?

Yes it does, although it is just 1 patch behind Vincent's most recent release (2/6/2011)

...and... is there any way to force gcc to use libraries from m5475 folder? Because I guess linking m68000 & m5475 libs together is an bad idea... I want to enforce an pure coldfire build, if possible.

I do not think so, and this was debated. When using the -mcpu=5475, GCC behavior will be to look for libs in that search path first (/usr/lib/m5475 and /usr/local/lib/m5475) before falling back to the defaults where the 68000 libs are. As long as the needed libs are present, all should be good. Now sure where in the search path libs specified on the command line fall.

Maybe to get what you want, could we add something at the link stage, possible something like '--force-arch' that would then eliminate looking in /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib? Not sure if this is possible, and I am not recalling what the patch Patrice provided earlier does. Vicent would definitely know more.....

Keith