Re: [MiNT] LDG vs. SLB vs. custom OVL-thingies

On 11.04.2011 00:50, m0n0 wrote:
freetype: You could try the rpm which I build&  use for NetSurf, it works
very well with netsurf, however I never tested the coldfire build.

http://nic-nac-project.org/~monokrom/monochrom.net/atari/ports/?C=M;O=D
btw. the m68k build of netsurf crashed when running with freetype enabled. I hope this doesn't happen with the real coldfire build :) If someone can test the coldfire build of the above rpm, and that test runs well, I would upload into sparemint incoming. ...and, if you want to see how glyph caching is done with freetype ( don't know if that is already present within zView) you can also have a look at the netsurf sources...:

http://source.netsurf-browser.org/trunk/netsurf/atari/plot/font_freetype.c?revision=11659&view=markup

As far as I remember this isn't implemented within fVDI ( but it could give speed improvement ) and the freetype version which is available @sparemint right now, is probably to old for caching.

Greets,