Re: [MiNT] FireBee & Freemint

25 apr 2011 kl. 21.06 skrev Jo Even Skarstein:

> On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 20:55 +0200, Peter Persson wrote:
>
>> Different as in "incompatible", or different as in "extended"? (I know Didier added some bits to the modecode word for the CTPCI, for example. We added them to the SuperVidel too, but I'm having some serious doubts about it, because it could be done in a much nicer way).
>
> Incompatible I *think*, because if I use a Falcon modecode it is
> ignored.

So the machine has VIDEL-compatible hardware, but it doesn't replicate the API used to set compatible screen modes? Man this is seriously bad.

It's impossible to keep compatibility between machines on this platform. For the SuperVidel, 1st priority is to mimic and extend the Falcon, 2nd priority is to add some parts of Didiers API (mainly ct60_vmalloc, but definitely not the Milan-ish setscreen API which is seriously spaced out imo). If the FireBee heads in yet another direction, I'll get a non-curable head ache.

Personally, I'd like to see a modecode API which is based on the falcon, but adds a field of 3-4 bits to select a "base resolution" on which the other bits are applied (base resolution on a stock Falcon is currently 640x480/640x400). I'm afraid it could be too late to have any influence of this since Didier has already  made his API for the CTPCI...

-- PeP