Re: [MiNT] Network and USB problems with NetUSBee

Hello all,

@Alan:
> To get any further with this, can you provide some examples of running
> wget and show what's happening ?

Yes, i can ;-)
- Trunk20062011 with its inet4.xdd, ne2kenec.xif.
- XaAES/TeraDesk/TosWin2/bash, wget to any server
- wget connects (and get response from server very fast) and starts download
- DL starts with good speed (~119KB/s), then stops. No progress anymore, waiting some
  minutes, then quit wget with CTRL+C.
- Try again, same behaviour. DL stops at another point (sometimes it gets further than
  before, sometimes not as far).

---------------
root@nr2:/root>wget http://atari.st-katharina-apotheke.de/download/libs.tar
--12:06:29--  http://atari.st-katharina-apotheke.de/download/libs.tar
           => `libs.tar.6'
Resolving atari.st-katharina-apotheke.de... 80.190.249.218
Connecting to atari.st-katharina-apotheke.de[80.190.249.218]:80... connected.
Length: 15,595,520 [application/x-tar]

14% [====>                                ] 2,188,271    119.54K/s    ETA 02:03
---------------

@Peter:
> I might be worth trying to send a 500k email or something just to see if
> you get the same problem. Send it to me if you like. I will confirm if it
> arrives.

Thank you for your offer! Just tried this with 1.16 to my second mail-account,
no problems, fast upload, file received correct.
With 1.18, it works good, too (but only tested 1 time yet).

> My connection is ok but not as fast as I would expect.

Can you give me some examples of wget or ftp DL speed?

@mono:
> Looks like my mail wasn't send to the list :( ( new webmailer, maybe
> that's the problem...)

Use MyMail ;-)

> I would do 2 things to get more knowledge about the problem:
> - Run wireshark connected to the same hub/switch ( switch is critical -
>   some do prevent sniffing) and see which TCP packets where send before
>   the connection breaks...

Would "tcpdump -w /<path>/dumpfile" running on the Falcon do the same thing?
This file can be read with wireshark, too.
It would be easier for me because i actually use PCs LAN cable for testing
the second Falcon; there's no other way for connecting Falcon which is on my
working bench and not assembled complete (only wire-connections to peripherals).

> - Install kernel with debug messages and run in debug mode - also
>   should give some more info on how things are flowing...
> You could post the logs here...

I'll do that this weekend and report!

Thank you,
Lars