Re: [MiNT] RPM

I think this comes down to what RPM based distro you are using to do
you cross builds on. I use a Mandriva based one, and probably always
will (as opposed to RH itself)

So what distros get used, and if they are not RPM based, agree on
specifc RPM package (from RPM or RH).

Alternatively I get good conversions of deb packages to RPM format
using the Alien script

These are the questions I have:
1) what are the resource requirements for a modern RPM binary used
under mint (as opposed to the current, old, SM one)
2) what is the package base (distro) for rpm packages

It may be better to use an older (lighter) RPM binary for SpareMiNT
(for the reasons outlined in other posts), and a package base that has
good (standard) package configs, even if that is not RPM based, and
then just convert to RPM

It really comes down to how much work needs to be done, and how much
time there is for that work, plus maybe thinking about the future when
someone else has to take up the process (possibly with no one
available to consult at that time)

Sorry if this raises more questions than answers..

Cheers

Paul