[MiNT] Some real world usage

Hi guys,

just to share some good news with you, today I managed to get my Quake port fully running with networking. I can make a client or server on Falcon, join from Linux/Windows machine, the play is fluent and I didn't observe one single crash. I use even historic EtherNEC network card and everything is still working fluently. The game even runs in true multitasking, one can have Aniplayer running in the background for example. Only parts with direct hardware access are VBL for palette and screen address setting (no, one can't use VsetRGB() and VSetscreen() reliably, what is unfortunate, I agree). So anyone saying FreeMiNT is obsolete and unusable is simply wrong! :)

After all those negative reports on networking this might cheer you up a little bit.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org