Re: [MiNT] Network and USB problems with NetUSBee

2011/6/20 Lars Schmidbauer <latzmaster@gmx.de>:

> MiNT USB driver for NetUSBee:
> - NetUSBee is detected correct
> - 4GB USB stick (SanDisk cruzer micro) is mounted correct
> - browsing the filesystem/folderstructure with TeraDesk works perfect
> - copy small files to/from stick works perfect
> But again, copy bigger files like 5MB pictures (or open with Aniplayer or zView)
> hangs and shows error "block_IO (K):bio_readin: RWABS fail (-2))".

Hi, I can confirm the USB driver behaviour, it works very unreliable
compared with the EtherNat one, even with no network driver loaded.
The problem shows randomly, after 900 kB transferred or after 110 MB.
It's much worse in 030 mode than in 060. It looks like also the memory
sticks used have some kind of influence in the fails, some works much
better than others. I got a bit frustrated and demotivated  debugging
this, it is painful because with the debug messages enabled the
transfer speed gets lower and you must wait several minutes until the
error happens (if it happens).

Example of the unreliability: This morning I have transferred a 165 MB
file from USB to IDE four times, two transfers were successful and two
failed, one after 18 MB transferred and the other after 42 MB.