Re: [MiNT] Network and USB problems with NetUSBee

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:08:55 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:33:36 , Lars Schmidbauer <latzmaster@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i have a strange problem with my new NetUSBee and MiNT (1.17.0 and 1.18.CUR).
> > This is not so easy to explain, hope it doesn't get too long ;-)
> >
> > Every kind of networking with small files works normal (Highwire, MyMail, AtarICQ,
> > GEMDict, zWeather, nfs+ftp+telnet to ubuntu-PC).
> > But bigger downloads (with Highwire, Litchi, wget or ftp on console) are stopping after
> > a while; FalcAmp runs into buffer underrun problems soon.
> > The connection is not really broken, but download stops (and stops at a different point
> > when trying again).
> > For example:
> > - Highwire, doing a google picture search is running correct and fast (many small picture-
> >   files); downloading small files from freemint CVS works ok, too. But when Highwire tries to
> >   load the big pictures from http://ctpci.atari.org/, transmission stops and only the smaller
> >   ones are displayed.
> > - wget on console, downloading daily freemint build stops at various points. I can't see that
> >   there's a definite "magic barrier" where it stops.
> > - ftp on console, kurobox.serveftp.net, download of /video-films/zmerge2.zip stops (same as wget).
> > - MyMail stops randomly at downloading mail x of xxx.
> >
> > I can't even define how big "smaller" or "bigger" files are.
> > This happens only with MiNT! Everything (Highwire, GAPftp, FalcAmp...) works correct with TOS
> > and StinG with enec6.stx. Because of that, NetUSBee should be OK.
> > There are similar problems with my NE2000 ISA network card (EtherNEC), but this card is very
> > old and second-hand, i always thought that this is another issue.

If you send an email with MyMail with a large attachment, does it stall
and then behave like it has finished ?  You may find that the email hasn't
actually been sent.

This is what happened to me with 1.16 and inet. With dial-up or 1.15.12
(which doesn't use inet) worked perfectly when sending or receiving large
files.

Regards,

Peter