Re: [MiNT] Some real world usage

Hi, could you tell me why is that and what is happening? I've got some
issues right now with VSetRGB() on Radeon in SDL 8-bit modes.
I guess it will be something different but sure:

1. Vsync() doesn't work under FreeMiNT as you would imagine it does -- i.e. it can miss a VBL (that means it waits more than one VBL and your 50/25 fps effect is doomed).
2. VsetRGB() & friends are not interrupt friendly, i.e. you can't run them inside an interrupt handler. I think it waits for VBL internally, what makes things even worse (not in all cases is desirable to wait for VBL when palette change is requested, sometimes it's better to continue and set the palette when the VBL occurs).
3. Vsetscreen() suffers from the same problem + it's very unpredictable as it re-initializes some internal system stuff everytime (VDI, if I recall well) and therefore it's also slow compared to simple move.l buffer switch.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org