Re: [MiNT] zview

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 4:39 AM, OL <o.l@lutece.net> wrote:
>  Le 19/10/2011 22:09, Jo Even Skarstein a écrit :
>>
>> On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 17:57 +0000, Peter Slegg wrote:
>>
>>> I've never had any issue caused by LDG, not that I am aware of.
>>>
>>> What sort of problems do you get ?
>>
>> Mysterious crashes. Memory violations ("type: free" usually). I don't
>> know if these are caused by LDG and/or Windom, but all applications with
>> these libs has caused problems under FreeMiNT on my Milan so I'm not
>> using them.
>
> No not all applications, Kronos, MyAES, Inshape III, have not this issue and
> they use a lot of LDG libs.
>
> Official ldg libs is buggy, it need the use of Subversion version to fix the
> bug of crash in MP when an  LDG lib is closed, this is probably why Zview
> crash at the end and why I have not this problems with my own softwares.
> This is my fault there is so many time I should do a new release and I never
> do it.
>
> ldg.prg may cause some trouble in very specific case in MP too, I fixed it
> long time ago and lost the patch (crash)
>
> Olivier

.. and zView works fine on the AFROS LiveCD, just does some mem eating
when used on large folders, or over long periods, if anything..

I would like to see LDG "fixed", it is useful, and quite reliable
under MyAES. It would be nice if LDG.PRG were sorted out too, that
would have a positive effect for Falcon users at least..

Mikro: how goes the rebuild, anything new yet?

Paul