Re: [MiNT] XaAES language detection via appl_getinfo()

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:09:49 +0100, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

Have you tried lang=us?

Where is this set? Is this a setting in mint.cnf/xaaes.cnf? I would assume that most people that are using Falcons set the language in NVRAM. In that case "English" would be 0.

I used an unused string already in the source: countrycodes[] = "usdefrenesitsefsgstrfinod..."

This gives for English 3, which is undefined according to toshyp. Should en be mapped to 0 (== us)?

Shouldn't 3 be "uk"? That's what I found in MiNT sources a couple of years ago.

Anyway, that shouldn't matter. What matters is the setting in the _AKP cookie, and that's a number and not a string. 0 is US english and 3 is UK english according to the docs (and sources) I've seen. If UK english is undefined then there shouldn't be a problem to consider 0 and 3 to be equal.

Jo Even