Re: [MiNT] fVDI drawing bugs

Hi,

On torstai 13 syyskuu 2012, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Eero Tamminen, 13.09.2012 00:17:53:
> >> I don't know where the errors are
> >
> > You see them only if you have fVDI.
>
> It was fVDI! Ok, the EmuTOS-VDI makes no filled circles, thats' a
> difference.

They are filled, but with white. Both in normal TOS and
EmuTOS.

Also:  XOR mode doesn't work properly for lines in fVDI, so
moving cannon pipe and sometimes the shot itself leave traces
on screen.  But that issue is already documented in fVDI docs.

> > Probably the easiest/smallest fix would be if XaAES (and
> > other multitasking AESes that have the same issue) would
> > issue redraw for the desktop menubar when:
> > * form_dial(FMD_FINISH...) is called with co-ordinates
> >
> >   overlapping the menubar, or
> >
> > * a window which originally given co-ordinates overlapped
> >
> >   the menubar, is closed.
>
> A clean AES-program should not be able to draw above the menubar, so what
> did you do?

Draw over menubar i.e. outside the window area provided by AES,
like every other fullscreen application has to do as there's no
official way to do it.

> All above does not look like a professional way, I would
> really go with WM_FULLSCREEN.

Couldn't agree more.  :-)

> > [1] If one would just need to call a function or two it
> >
> >     wouldn't so bad, but needing to construct a full menu
> >     OBJECT tree structure to avoid XaAES freezing, is what
>
> I don't know why XaAES freezes, maybe that could/should be fixed first?

The desktop froze when I ran a programs that had the ACC
place holders missing[1] from the menu OBJECT tree.  Disabling
menu_bar() call allowed them to proceed (as did adding
the ACC placeholders).

I don't consider the freeze XaAES bug though, because:
* some single TOS versions also bombed when menu structure
  missed the ACC place holder items,
* and documentation on menu structure also states that
  they're required.

The wierd thing was that for some VDI test programs missing
the ACC place holders was no problem, they started up fine
with XaAES.  That kind of inconsistent behavior was fishy
and looks more like it could be related to potential
XaAES bug. :-)

	- Eero

[1] See my earlier mail with example code for creating
    a dummy menu bar.