Re: [MiNT] How to use cross compiling on Ubuntu (10.04LTS AMD64)

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Matthias Arndt <marndt@asmsoftware.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Vincents instalaltion tutorial worked good enough for me. I doubt I
> would have installed a Linux inside a VM just to run an Atari
> crosscompiler. In that case I could aswell run a  more native virtual
> machine, an Atari emulator, and run AHCC or something.
>
> This runs well in any case.
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>
> Am Dienstag, den 25.09.2012, 17:33 +0200 schrieb Heinz Schmidt:
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> today I tried to install Vincents cross compiler stuff on the same
>> setup you mentioned, but it does not install. So I decided to run
>> 12.04 32bit inside a VM on top of my 10.04 64bit system. I guess this
>> is much more easy to to than fixing the cross compiler stuff for an
>> old distribution.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Heinz

Like Mathias says, it does work.

You can manually verify the path and packages into the repository.
There has been AMD64 since before the last update of the Lucid
packages.

I have manually downloaded Vincents packages from his repo, run Alien
across them to produce .RPM, and placed them is there own repo. It
worked fine (except for minor workaround due to Debian specific lib
naming) on the last version as well.

I intend to install the "bleeding edge" version of Mint Linux, which
is the rolling unstable Debian release (not the stable Ubuntu
release), that may cause a few issues, or not, I will post if when it
gets done..

Paul