[MiNT] How does FAT/FAT32 xfs detects hddriver ?

Background:
I am trying to run Boot v2,02 for CTPCI.

When I auto boot hddriver ( or run  manually once from floppy ) it reports that there may be data corruption on my hd. So it does not allow to write but it can read from it.

In TOS while testing, I accidentally run hddriver again manually and it seems to fix the problem ... i.e. I can write to the hd without alert message.
So I placed a second hddriver in the AUTO folder, simulating running hddriver a second time. This works in TOS and I write to the hd.
I notice that the 2nd time I run hddriver, the boot drive is not highlighted as C. There are none highlighted.

So I tried to boot MINT using this configuration ( hddriver in auto boot and then in AUTO folder).
It loads as per normal until it reaches the FAT/VTAF xfs and it hangs there.

I think fat/fat32 xfs is hooking on to 1st hddriver and it hangs.

Does anyone know how fat/fat32 xfs detects and decide which hddriver to use?