Re: [MiNT] Country codes

On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 08:37 +0100, Vincent Rivière wrote:

> Do you mean that loading an external keyboard layout with keyboard.tbl also
> changes the UI language? That would be very wrong.

Actually it does. It resets the UI language part of the cookie to the
NVRAM language (if present, os_conf language if not) every time a
keyboard table is set. Don't know why, but it does. It would normally
not do any harm though, so you're right, loading a keyboard table
shouldn't change the UI language.

But IIRC this was discussed here a while ago. Something about the TT
only setting the lowest byte in the _AKP cookie (i.e. there's only one
language, it doesn't differ between UI and keyboard) so XaAES use the
"keyboard" language in this case.

Maybe Helmut remembers more about this than I do.

Jo Even