Re: [MiNT] Running a barebones FreeMiNT kernel with Hatari in 000 mode

On Sat, 2013-10-12 at 18:15 +0200, Vincent Rivière wrote:

> I'm not sure what the real reason is. Probably because when the AES is idle
> it is stuck somewhere in supervisor mode (VDI key wait function? BIOS

Yes, the ROM AES does some busy waiting in supervisor mode which
prevents MiNT from task switching. The usual workaround is an accessory
called NOHOG.ACC, which simply calls Syield() from an evnt_timer() loop.
NOHOG.ACC used to be a part of the MiNT distribution back in the day.

Jo Even