Re: [MiNT] updated: XaAES 1.6.6

J. F. Lemaire, 30.10.2013 08:40:41:

my own code or something else. I've literally spent days debugging my
code before posting here about the CWD issue I was facing.

Debugging is fun :-) But maybe a view into the XaAES-code would have made it faster.

Argh! Right. Now what? Do a poll? Can anybody safely confirm what TOS does
here?

Not sure TOS has to be taken into account at all, to be honest.

I agree. In TOS shel_write is not of much use: It can run the callee after the caller exited (next app: "SWM_LAUNCHNOW"). I somehow got this working under TOS 1.04, but the directory of the callee was C: ...

Then TOS crashed.

So it will be what toshyp says: change to the dir where the binary of the called app is (and back).

I think you may have missed the relevant info: the CWD of the called
app is different *according to whether the caller is run from a GEMDOS
drive or an ext2 partition*. This should definitely not happen.

Is this for ACCs or always? At least with my current XaAES this does not happen (SWM_LAUNCH).

Or is it only a different spelling of the directory?

--
Helmut Karlowski