Re: [MiNT] updated: XaAES 1.6.6

On 30 October 2013 11:43, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> J. F. Lemaire, 30.10.2013 08:40:41:
>
>> my own code or something else. I've literally spent days debugging my
>> code before posting here about the CWD issue I was facing.
>
> Debugging is fun :-) But maybe a view into the XaAES-code would have made it
> faster.

I did, but that code is not easy for me to understand. I'm not a
programmer, just a hobbyist.

> So it will be what toshyp says: change to the dir where the binary of the
> called app is (and back).

I'm certainly voting for this!

>> I think you may have missed the relevant info: the CWD of the called
>> app is different *according to whether the caller is run from a GEMDOS
>> drive or an ext2 partition*. This should definitely not happen.

> Is this for ACCs or always? At least with my current XaAES this does not
> happen (SWM_LAUNCH).

Only tested with an ACC, but I'll see what happens when you have
modified shel_write() according to the above comments.

> Or is it only a different spelling of the directory?

Might be. Who knows now? ;-) I'll also wait before testing anew.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire