Re: [MiNT] XaAES Bug: Toolbar attached to window eats all keyboard events

Am 29.12.2013, 23:05 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein:

But wouldn't this problem almost exclusively affect future applications?

Yes.

I don't know of any current applications that combines XaAES dialog-type

I had a web-browser in mind, and the toolbar would provide a way to enter an url or something.

I suggest a simple extension to wind_set() to either move keyboard focus
"manually" or to specify how the focus should be handled.

I absolutely agree. There should be an additional interface to set the focus. Should clicking on a toolbar-object automatically focus the toolbar and inform the client or only inform the client so it can decide what to do? This would introduce another message-type, right?

I intend to stretch Oles program a little to see what is necessary from my point of view.

Currently I've just added edit-objects to the rsc-file to see the effect.

-Helmut