Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/sys

On to., 2015-02-19 at 23:02 +0200, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> There were couple of mails about this few years ago on hatari-devel, but
> TOS hooks are needed for all other programs and adding specific file system
> functionality just for MiNT hasn't been priority for anybody yet.

You don't have to add anything to Hatari itself. One can write an XFS
that simply calls the ROM GEMDOS.

> Btw. This is mainly a loss for MiNT developers.  There are features in
> Hatari that are useful getting most out of one's code: accurate emulation
> with low level debugging/tracing support, profiling with callgraphs etc.
> http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-
> file/tip/doc/manual.html#Profiling
> http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-
> file/tip/doc/images/callgraph.png

You can still use all of these features even without access to the host
filesystem. I personally use Hatari with plain TOS and GEMDOS drive
emulation switched off.

Jo Even