Re: [MiNT] Issue with Mint 1.19 and Litchi

On 08/02/2015 12:27, Alan Hourihane wrote:
I'd thought about it more too, and there's possibly other software that just
hasn't come forward yet.

Also, changing an existing system call isn't a good idea.

Indeed.

Regardless, the initial problem was vim, and given that relies on the
MiNTlib, a recompilation of that program should fix it to use Fpoll()
instead now and there shouldn't be a problem.

This is true.

For memory:
Older kernel's Fpoll() also suffered of slowness, but you cleanly fixed it on 30/09/2014. This was a different issue than the Fselect() API change discussed here. Since then, the kernel Fpoll() is fast, and the MiNTLib select() is fast, too.

So I've reverted the change to Fselect().

Good.

As a side effect, the old vim binaries are slow again.

NOTE: people with old vim binaries, upgrade.....

New vim binaries are available there:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/vim/

They are fast, as expected.

And I have also rebuilt a FireBee kernel with the current CVS sources, to include the reverted changes in Fselect():
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/freemint/

We should be all good now and no issues.

Indeed.
Thanks, Alan.

--
Vincent Rivière