RE: unx2dos() in mint libs

> Michael Hohmuth has suggested to me that the unx2dos() and dos2unx()
> functions in the mint libraries should be removed.  Currently these
> functions are aliases for _unx2dos() and _dos2unx().  Is there any
> good reason for keeping these aliases in the library?

yes, there is a good reason. the way it was developed, it was envisioned
that  unx2dos() and dos2unx() would always exist in the user space, by
default mapped to _unx2dos()/_dos2unx(). if someone wanted to implement some
new semantics for the underlying mapping, they could replace _unx2/_dos2
the user would still be calling the non '_' fns and would pick up the new
mapping. (in the tos lib you'll notice these are vectored, and there is a fn
to re-vector).

cheers,
--
bang:   uunet!cadence!bammi			jwahar r. bammi
domain: bammi@cadence.com