Re: load average patches for MiNT 1.10 + patches

  Stephen Usher writes:

  > Here's the latest version of my uptime and load average patch for MiNT. The
  > patch is relative to version 1.10 with most of the patches from the last
  > week added.
  >
  > This version now uses the 200Hz interrupt for timing so should keep the
  > correct time on any machine with whatever monitor. The patches affect dos.c
 ,
  > intr.spp and proc.c and adds loadave.h. I'm also including below definition
  > for mintbind.h.

   hmm.  i haven't tried but i would suggest just using the 200 Hz timer
  counter (_hz_200) and doing calculations elsewhere...  because the 200 Hz
  interrupt runs at level 6 and the longer you run at levels >= 5 (6) the
  easier you lose characters on serial ports. (receiver overrun...)

   just a thought :)
  	Juergen

  PS: same goes for evnt_timer, and the keyboard/mouse/midi interrupts, etc.
  btw could this also be the cause for Thierrys modem1 devices problems?
  i think it does a few things in etv_timer too...

I had the same comment. Update the counter in the 200hz interrupt, read and
calculate during vbl, in the sleep routine, etc. I thought, way back in the
mists of time, that I saw MiNT saving the clock value at startup, but I no
longer see anything like that in the 1.09 or 1.10 sources. Oh well, no
matter...