Re: MiNTOS Release 1.4 now available.

>> If I'm right this ioctl is equivalent to the mint.cnf CON command, but only
>> know you are able to change it while you're working.
>> I would start working on this, if I wasn't going on vacation for three
>> weeks...
>>

> It won't work for Debug commands.  MiNT sends debugging to the raw BIOS
> device and you can only change the output to a new BIOS device number.
> It doesn't send debugging to the console.

I must admit that I'm not an expert on how the BIOS works, but I hoped it was
possible also to change the output to an old BIOS device number.
MiNT installs a new BIOS handler at startup. What if it checks there whether IO
is done on device 2? Wouldn't we catch all input/output of the console in this
way?
Even including the output of other programs that write directly to this
device.
I'm not quite sure what will happen when you run a TTP program on top of GEM.

> Good luck changing this to use a file handle or PTY instead of device
> numbers!

I don't think this is necessary. You want catch the IO of other programs
directly to the console device in this way.

Can somebody who's more into this give his/her opinion on these thoughts?

Richard.